As marketers, we strive to speak to consumers’ deepest desires and values. But how can we do that if we don’t even know what those values are? On today’s episode of Marketing Trends, we spoke to someone who is trying to discover and measure those values.
Amelia Dunlop (LinkedIn l Twitter) is the Chief Experience Officer for Deloitte Digital and the leader of the US Customer Strategy and Applied Design practice for Deloitte Consulting. On this episode, she explains how marketers can tap into consumers’ values to create more human experiences, earning long-term loyalty and trust in the process.
3 Key Takeaways:
– Companies create human experiences when they treat those they come into contact with as real people, rather than just customers or potential customers.
– Those who create the most human experiences also tend to create the most innovative ideas.
– Human values come down to four essential elements: achievement, belonging, curiosity, and control.
Amelia loves helping clients tackle their toughest problems. For her, the best kind of problem requires thinking in a new and different way. She enjoys helping clients create solutions and building the organizational momentum to turn the future they imagine into reality.
She writes and speaks regularly about human experience, creativity, and customer strategy, and contributes to the Wall Street Journal’s CMO Journal and Adweek. She recently served as a juror at the Cannes Lions Festival, where brands are recognized for unlocking business results with marketing creativity. She also serves on the board of the MacDowell Colony, a national not-for-profit organization that creates space for artists.
Born in London, she has lived and worked across Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and India. These days she lives with her husband, the award-winning author Andrew Krivak, in Boston with their three children.
Quotes from Amelia:
– “Augmented intelligence is making our lives easier and better, but it also may be building in biases where the scanner may not recognize the color of my skin or the color of my eyes.”
– “There are five learnings from measuring human values: Be obsessed with all things human, proactively deliver on human needs, execute with humanity, be authentic, and change the world.”
– “So let’s pretend you are in a foul mood and then you bump into a dear friend or even a stranger who has a cute little puppy, you can’t help but smile. And what I love about that is just by that human contact, it can actually change the arc of your day.”
Marketing Trends is brought to you by our friends at Salesforce Pardot, B2B marketing automation on the world’s #1 CRM. Are you ready to take your B2B marketing to new heights? With Pardot, marketers can find and nurture leads, close more deals, and maximize ROI. Learn more by heading to www.pardot.com/podcast.