In today’s noisy digital environment, breaking through and being heard is more difficult than ever. Many marketers ratchet up the number of exposures or the shock value of their messaging in an effort to cut through the noise. But according to David Yovanno (LinkedIn | Twitter), Chief Executive Officer & Director of Impact, there is a much easier and more effective way: partnership marketing.
On this episode of Marketing Trends, David explains what partnership marketing is, how to use it most effectively, and why it leads to larger reach, improved efficiency, and better results.
3 Key Takeaways:
– A partner is somebody who has a trusted first-party relationship with a customer or with an audience that somebody else wants to acquire as a customer.
– People no longer trust paid advertising; they want to seek trusted advice and do their own research. Partnership marketing is a great way to get third-party validation.
– Managers and executives need to understand how to execute effectively on partnerships or risk being left behind.
A seasoned technology executive, David joined Impact in February 2017 and has been providing strategic leadership to premier SaaS companies in the MarTech space for more than 20 years. Dave is a dynamic, results-oriented leader with a strong track record of performance in turnaround and fast-paced global marketing services and SaaS organizations, including in public company settings. Before joining Impact, Dave was CEO of Marin Software, a San Francisco-based global leader in paid search SaaS technology. Prior to Marin Software, he was president, technology solutions of Conversant, a diversified marketing services company and CEO of Gigya, a SaaS customer identity management platform. Dave has also served on the board of the Interactive Advertising Bureau and as a lieutenant and CIO in the United States Navy.
Quotes from David
– “The same people don’t trust paid advertising, especially millennials. They don’t want to be sold to or marketed to. They want to seek advice and get recommendations and do their own research.”
– “Influencers are definitely a fast growing and a very interesting category.”
– “A partner is somebody who has a trusted first-party relationship with a customer or with an audience that somebody else wants to acquire as a customer.”
– “Your CEO, CFO, COO, if they are not aware of the power of partnerships, they’re gonna lose their job, flat out.”
– 5 Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
– The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni
– Measure What Matters by John Doerr
Marketing Trends is brought to you by our friends at Salesforce Pardot, B2B marketing automation on the world’s #1 CRM. Are you ready to take your B2B marketing to new heights? With Pardot, marketers can find and nurture leads, close more deals, and maximize ROI. Learn more by heading to www.pardot.com/podcast.