We live in a world that is more connected than ever before. That means that more marketers are able to make a global impact, even if they aren’t working in New York, Los Angeles, or San Francisco. On this episode of Marketing Trends, we host our first global CMO roundtable and hear from some of those marketers who are having a big impact even though they’re located in a small country.
For this roundtable, we hosted three members of G-CMO, an organization that connects Israeli heads of marketing and growth. Those three people are:
On this episode, they talk about the unique advantages and challenges of leading a global marketing team from a smaller market, the marketing environment of Israel in particular, their favorite campaigns, and much more.
3 Key Takeaways:
– Companies that start in smaller markets and want to go global need to have strong partnerships with very capable teams in local markets.
– Creating a community where members can share best practices and offer support is an invaluable resource and creates a lasting advantage for all those involved.
– Create such a strong brand identity that you would be willing to promote your competitors’ attack ads because they say something about what your brand stands for.
– “Communities are a really strong channel for marketing. Once you find that people have value and share information and they can really use that as a tool for their lives, they will stay in that community. They will do whatever it takes, they will contribute back. ” – Efrat Fenigson
– “When we look at the global market and being able to tap into the culture in faraway markets, understanding the trends that are happening in the market, and the slang, it’s hard to do it from far away. And my way of solving that is I believe in always hiring people from those markets.” – Tamir Jerby
– “I think you need to add the touch of someone from the local market if you want to make it perfect.” – Tamir Jerby
– “You have to learn how to communicate with other cultures and understanding, what they actually mean. Because some are more passive-aggressive, but some are like Israelis and just tell it to you to your face. So you need to find the right way to communicate with everyone.” – Matti Yahav
Marketing Trends is brought to you by our friends at Salesforce Pardot, B2B marketing automation on the world’s #1 CRM. Are you ready to take your B2B marketing to new heights? With Pardot, marketers can find and nurture leads, close more deals, and maximize ROI. Learn more by heading to www.pardot.com/podcast.